Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Saturday, May 29, 2010

Shortcuts to happiness.

I once read a quote that said "there are few shortcuts to happiness and dancing is one of them." That little beauty was on a magazine collage my friend Jessi is so wonderful at making.


Well, I was thinking about that quote lately. Maybe it's because I've been reading the Book of Awesome, maybe it's because i had a wonderful time on the dance floor at my cousin's wedding the other night, whatever it is, I've been thinking of it.

Of course, to clarify, we are talking about happiness, not joy. Joy, in my own words, is a constant thing. A thing, that even in moments of sadness, can prevail, knowing that there is hope. A living hope that is found in Jesus. Happiness on the other hand, is more temporary. It's a mood, a moment, a burst of smiling, a laugh or warmness. I liked when i heard someone say joy is like the climate and happiness is the weather for the day.

Anywho, moving on, back to what the point of this is....shortcuts to happiness. But not just any form of happiness, not just a smile on your face, but a smile in your heart. The Book of Awesome (if you clicked the link) has a lot of great things in it that make you simile or laugh, but I'm talking about those moments when things just feel right in the world in the moment. Or as one of my favorite books,Perks of Being a Wallflower says, "In that moment..we were infinite." You know, those moments.

In thinking of these moments, i've decided it would be fun to compile a list of them. The list is very short so far, but that's alright because in this case, quality is more important than quantity :)

I would love your help with these! Some of mine are very specific moments in my past that can never be replicated, but some are just generic. I like both kinds, personally. But whether you share with me or not, think about these things, I think it's good for the soul :)

Here's my mini-list so far!

--Seeing a shooting star.
--Dancing, but specifically dancing in large groups to songs everyone knows.
--Even more specifically, dancing to "Don't Stop Believing" by Journey at my sister's wedding. One of the most fun moments of my life :)
--Feeling the wind as you ride in the back of a pickup....at night!
--Singing, or screaming, a song in a car with others when everyone knows every single lyric.

No comments:

Post a Comment